Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence – September
THE HIGHLANDS WAQAF TRUST SHARIAH RESEARCH BOARD WILL BE HOSTING: Power-Point Presentation Course on Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence during September
(Sunday Mornings. Duration: 1 Hour 40 Minutes)
10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday Mornings – September
- NAME: Power-Point Presentation Course on Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence during September (Based mainly on the Fiqh (jurisprudence) of the Shaafi’ee School of law)
- MAIN OUTCOMES: The attendee will have a basic understanding of the origins, sources, and principles upon which Islamic Jurisprudence is based.
- MAIN CONTENT: The Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence is the study of the origins, sources, and principles upon which Islamic Jurisprudence is based. In the narrow sense, it simply refers to the question of what the sources of Islamic Jurisprudence are. In an extended sense, it includes the study of the philosophical rationale of the law and the study of the procedures by which the jurisprudence applicable to particular cases is derived from its sources.
- TIME: 10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
- DAYS: Sunday Mornings
- DATES: Month of September
- VENUE: Highlands Waqaf Trust Lecture Room Erf 62, Dietrich Road, Highlands Estate.
- COST: R150 for the course (Limited Partial and Full Bursaries available (upon request) for those who cannot afford)
- TEXT BOOK: Class notes will be made available
- PRESENTERS: Sh. Muneer Abduroaf, Sh. Khalid Abduroaf, Sh. M Soliegh Ceres
The presenters have all completed the Arabic diploma course at the Islamic University of Madinah.
All three presenters also hold Shariah Law Degrees and are Registered Sworn Translators of the High Court of South Africa in the Arabic and English Languages.
Sh. Muneer Abduroaf is also a practising attorney of the High Court of South Africa and works at the University of the Western Cape Law Faculty. He has lectured Muslim Personal Law as a guest lecturer and as a co lecturer at the UWC Law Faculty.
- MODE OF INSTRUCTION: PowerPoint Presentation and interaction
- YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE OR ANY OF THE OTHER COURSES THAT WE OFFER.
To Register for any of the Fiqh Courses, Please click on the button below:Registration for Fiqh Courses