Islamic Legal Maxims – August
THE HIGHLANDS WAQAF TRUST SHARIAH RESEARCH BOARD WILL BE HOSTING: A Power-Point Presentation Course on Islamic Legal Maxims [NO BACKGROUND IS REQUIRED]
(Sunday Mornings. Duration: 1 Hour 40 Minutes)
10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday Mornings – August
- NAME: A Power-Point Presentation Course on Islamic Legal Maxims during August (Based mainly on the Fiqh (jurisprudence) of the Shaafi’ee School of law)
- WHAT ARE ISLAMIC LEGAL MAXIMS: Islamic Legal Maxims (Al-Qawaa’id Al-Fiq-hiyyah) is the study of broad Universal Principles under which many Legal Issues fall under and from which rulings can be directly derived.Many of these maxims are taken directly from the Qur’aan and Hadeeth. The maxims are designed to facilitate one to derive legal rulings regardless of whether or not there is an explicit text present. A famous example of such an Islamic Legal Maxim is, “Certainty is not lifted by doubt”.
- SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED ARE: In this course the five Major Maxims, its branches, and its proofs will be analyzed. The practical application of these Maxims in various situations will be looked at.
- TIME: 10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
- DAYS: Sunday Mornings
- DATES: Month of August
- VENUE: Highlands Waqaf Trust Lecture Room Erf 62, Dietricht Road, Highlands Estate.
- COST: R150 for the course (Limited Partial and Full Bursaries available (upon request) for those who cannot afford)
- TEXT BOOK: Class notes will be made available
- PRESENTERS: Sh. Muneer Abduroaf, Sh. Khalid Abduroaf, Sh. M Soliegh Ceres
The presenters have all completed the Arabic diploma course at the Islamic University of Madinah.
All three presenters also hold Shariah Law Degrees and are Registered Sworn Translators of the High Court of South Africa in the Arabic and English Languages.
Sh. Muneer Abduroaf is also a practising attorney of the High Court of South Africa and works at the University of the Western Cape Law Faculty. He has lectured Muslim Personal Law as a guest lecturer and as a co lecturer at the UWC Law Faculty.
- MODE OF INSTRUCTION: PowerPoint Presentation and interaction
- YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE OR ANY OF THE OTHER COURSES THAT WE OFFER.
To Register for any of the Fiqh Courses, Please click on the button below:Registration for Fiqh Courses