Fiqh of Purification – February
THE HIGHLANDS WAQAF TRUST SHARIAH RESEARCH BOARD WILL BE HOSTING: A Power-Point Presentation Course on Fiqh of Purification.
[NO BACKGROUND IS REQUIRED]
(Sunday Mornings. Duration: 1 Hour 40 Minutes)
10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday Morning – February
- NAME: A Power-Point Presentation Course on the Fiqh of Purification during February (Based mainly on the Fiqh (jurisprudence) of the Shaafi’ee School of law)
- MAIN OUTCOME: Islam encourages cleanliness. It is thus mandatory that your body and clothing be clean before performing your solaah. Your prayer will not be valid unless your body and clothing are clean. Clothing must be considered taahir and removed of all impurities. Impurities include blood, urine, and excrement. The attendee will have a basic understanding of the Islamic laws regarding purification (Taharah).
- SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED ARE: Categories of cleansing waters; Types of Khobath; Types of Hadath; Tayammum; Najies articles; How to remove Najies; Using the Siwaak; How to perform Istinjaa’; How to perform Wudhu; How to answer the call of nature; How to perform a Ghusl; Using the leather sock (Khuff); Menstruation; Nifaas and Isti?aadoh.
- TIME: 10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
- DAYS: Sunday Mornings
- DATES: Month of February
- VENUE: Highlands Waqaf Trust Lecture Room Erf 62, Dietricht Road, Highlands Estate.
- COST: R150 for the course (Limited Partial and Full Bursaries available (upon request) for those who cannot afford)
- TEXT BOOK: Class notes will be made available
- PRESENTERS: Sh. Muneer Abduroaf, Sh. Khalid Abduroaf, Sh. M Soliegh Ceres
The presenters have all completed the Arabic diploma course at the Islamic University of Madinah.
All three presenters also hold Shariah Law Degrees and are Registered Sworn Translators of the High Court of South Africa in the Arabic and English Languages.
Sh. Muneer Abduroaf is also a practising attorney of the High Court of South Africa and works at the University of the Western Cape Law Faculty. He has lectured Muslim Personal Law as a guest lecturer and as a co lecturer at the UWC Law Faculty.
- MODE OF INSTRUCTION: PowerPoint Presentation and interaction
- REGISTRATION: You may register clicking on the registration button below or alternatively you may register by sending your name, surname, cell number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org or 081 270 7585
- YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE OR ANY OF THE OTHER COURSES THAT WE OFFER.
To Register for any of the Fiqh Courses, Please click on the button below:Registration for Fiqh Courses