Fiqh of Minor and Major Pilgrimage – May
THE HIGHLANDS WAQAF TRUST SHARIAH RESEARCH BOARD WILL BE HOSTING: A Power-Point Presentation Course on the Fiqh of Minor and Major Pilgrimage during May
[NO BACKGROUND IS REQUIRED]
(Sunday Mornings. Duration: 1 Hour 40 Minutes)
10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday Mornings – MAY
- NAME: A Power-Point Presentation Course on the Fiqh of Minor and Major Pilgrimage during May (Based mainly on the Fiqh (jurisprudence) of the Shaafi’ee School of law)
- MAIN OUTCOME: The attendee will (at the end of the course) have an understanding of how Hajj and Umrah is performed. This will include the intentions and supplications. Pictures will be shown via power point presentation.
- SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED: Requirements for hajj and Umrah; Matters to set in order before leaving for hajj or Umrah; Upon whom is hajj and umrah fard; Terminologies; The Meeqaat; The Arkaan, The Waajibaat of Hajj and Umrah; The Requirements before donning the Ihraam; Prohibitions when in the state of Ihraam; The Shuroot and Sunnah of Tawaaf and Sa’iy; Methods of Performing Hajj; 8th of Thul-Hijjah (Youmut-Tarwiyah); 9th of Thul-Hijjah (Youmul-Wuqoof/Arafaat); 10th of Thul-Hijjah (Youmul-Eidul-Adhaa); 11th of Thul-Hijjah (1st Day of Tashreeq); 12th of Thul-Hijjah (2nd Day of Tashreeq).
- TIME: 10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
- DAYS: Sunday Mornings
- DATES: Month of May
- VENUE: Highlands Waqaf Trust Lecture Room Erf 62, Dietricht Road, Highlands Estate.
- COST: R150 for the course (Limited Partial and Full Bursaries available (upon request) for those who cannot afford)
- TEXT BOOK: Class notes will be made available
- PRESENTERS: Sh. Muneer Abduroaf, Sh. Khalid Abduroaf, Sh. M Soliegh Ceres
The presenters have all completed the Arabic diploma course at the Islamic University of Madinah.
All three presenters also hold Shariah Law Degrees and are Registered Sworn Translators of the High Court of South Africa in the Arabic and English Languages.
Sh. Muneer Abduroaf is also a practising attorney of the High Court of South Africa and works at the University of the Western Cape Law Faculty. He has lectured Muslim Personal Law as a guest lecturer and as a co lecturer at the UWC Law Faculty.
- MODE OF INSTRUCTION: PowerPoint Presentation and interaction
- YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE OR ANY OF THE OTHER COURSES THAT WE OFFER.
- To Register for any of the Fiqh Courses, Please click on the button below: Registration for Fiqh Courses