Fiqh of Marriage and Divorce – July
THE HIGHLANDS WAQAF TRUST SHARIAH RESEARCH BOARD WILL BE HOSTING: A Power-Point Presentation Course on the Fiqh of Marriage & Divorce and learn all about the Fiqh pertaining to Engagement, Marriage, Divorce, Fosterage, Maintenance, Child Custody and more. Aspects of the current Muslim Marriages Bill will also be looked at.
(Sunday Mornings. Duration: 1 Hour 40 Minutes)
10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday Mornings – July
- NAME: A Power-Point Presentation Course on the Fiqh of Marriage & Divorce during July (Based mainly on the Fiqh (jurisprudence) of the Shaafi’ee School of law)
- SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED ARE: Rules, requirements, and consequences of engagements (Khitbah); the rights and obligations regarding marriage (Nikaah); the consequences of divorce (Tolaq); and the general rules (as found in the Shariah) that govern both marriage and divorce. Aspects of the current Muslim Marriages Bill (and how it would affect Muslims) will be looked at.
- TIME: 10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
- DAYS: Sunday Mornings
- DATES: Month of July
- VENUE: Highlands Waqaf Trust Lecture Room Erf 62, Dietricht Road, Highlands Estate.
- COST: R150 for the course (Limited Partial and Full Bursaries available (upon request) for those who cannot afford)
- TEXT BOOK: Class notes will be made available
- PRESENTERS: Sh. Muneer Abduroaf, Sh. Khalid Abduroaf, Sh. M Soliegh Ceres
The presenters have all completed the Arabic diploma course at the Islamic University of Madinah.
All three presenters also hold Shariah Law Degrees and are Registered Sworn Translators of the High Court of South Africa in the Arabic and English Languages.
Sh. Muneer Abduroaf is also a practising attorney of the High Court of South Africa and works at the University of the Western Cape Law Faculty. He has lectured Muslim Personal Law as a guest lecturer and as a co lecturer at the UWC Law Faculty.
- MODE OF INSTRUCTION: PowerPoint Presentation and interaction
- YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE OR ANY OF THE OTHER COURSES THAT WE OFFER.
To Register for any of the Fiqh Courses, Please click on the button below:Registration for Fiqh Courses