Fiqh of Fasting – April
THE HIGHLANDS WAQAF TRUST SHARIAH RESEARCH BOARD WILL BE HOSTING: A Power-Point Presentation Course on Fiqh of Fasting and Charity. [NO BACKGROUND IS REQUIRED]
(Sunday Mornings. Duration: 1 Hour 40 Minutes)
10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
Sunday Mornings – APRIL
- NAME: A Power-Point Presentation Course on the Fiqh of Fasting and Charity (Based mainly on the Fiqh (jurisprudence) of the Shaafi’ee School of law)
- MAIN OUTCOME: The attendee will (at the end of the course) have a good understanding of the rules regarding many of the aspects regarding compulsory and optional fasting. Also understanding how Zakaah works and when it should be paid and who the recipients are.
- SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE FIQH OF FASTING ARE: The course will include topics regarding understanding of the various types of fasting. Topics will include how to confirm the commencement of the month of Ramadhaan, Conditions for fasting, excuses that validate eating during Ramadhaan, the pillars of fasting, the intention for fasting, things that nullify the fast, uncertainty when breaking fast, rules for iftaar and suhoor, things detested while fasting, things recommended at the time of iftaar, things encouraged during the month of Ramadhaan, how to pay days in, fasting of old persons, sick people, and those who are pregnant, fasting nullified through intercourse, days during which it is recommended to fast, breaking the compulsory or the recommended fast, days during which it is haraam to fast, rules regarding itikaaf and much more.
- SOME OF THE TOPICS THAT WILL BE COVERED IN THE FIQH OF CHARITY ARE: The six items that are zakaatable; The Zakaah payable on livestock; The Zakaah payable on gold and silver; The Zakaah payable on crops; The Zakaah payable on fruits. The Zakaah payable on merchandise; The Zakaatable amount (nisob) with regard to the zakaatable commodities; The zakaah for Eidul Fitr; The eight categories of persons who may receive zakaah. The five categories of persons who should not receive zakaah.
- TIME: 10:20 AM – 12:00 PM
- DAYS: Sunday Mornings
- DATES: Month of April
- VENUE: Highlands Waqaf Trust Lecture Room Erf 62, Dietrich Road, Highlands Estate.
- COST: R150 for the course (Limited Partial and Full Bursaries available (upon request) for those who cannot afford)
- TEXT BOOK: Class notes will be made available
- PRESENTERS: Sh. Muneer Abduroaf, Sh. Khalid Abduroaf, Sh. M Soliegh Ceres
The presenters have all completed the Arabic diploma course at the Islamic University of Madinah.
All three presenters also hold Shariah Law Degrees and are Registered Sworn Translators of the High Court of South Africa in the Arabic and English Languages.
Sh. Muneer Abduroaf is also a practising attorney of the High Court of South Africa and works at the University of the Western Cape Law Faculty. He has lectured Muslim Personal Law as a guest lecturer and as a co lecturer at the UWC Law Faculty.
- MODE OF INSTRUCTION: PowerPoint Presentation and interaction
- YOU MAY REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE OR ANY OF THE OTHER COURSES THAT WE OFFER.
- To Register for any of the Fiqh Courses, Please click on the button below: Registration for Fiqh Courses